The future of board design is here. I started out focused on designing fin templates but knew that the boards will eventually evolve and be designed around the performance of the fins. By adding fins you add control/drive which allows you to create a board that is focused more on speed/lift/maneuverability. This balances all the aspects of the board and increases overall performance. All the years of designing, creating, and testing is being put into this board from nose to tail, rail to rail and top to bottom. Every inch of the board has a specific purpose created to allow you to raise your level of riding.
- APEX NOSE: Hydrodynamic shape designed to direct the board penetrating through wave chops, white wash landings, driving through the barrel, reducing bogging, digging, and pearling.
The unique diagonal angle of the nose is ergonomically designed for proper hand grip when proning based on the fist and cant/angle of the wrist.
- RAIL LENGTH: The 43.5 (tip to tail) and 40" (rail length from nose to tail). For Drop Knee the board will perform like a 43" board based on the total volume, length and width of a 43.5" board. For prone it feels like a 41" board because of the shorter rail length. When proning your hand and elbow positioning is lowered 2" from the nose making the board more controllable.
- INVERSE V-TAIL: "Decrease in one results in increase in another." By clipping the tips of the tail it shortens the rail decreases drag, increases speed and maneuverability. By angling the tips to a point bites into the wave maintaining control. Straight angles of the V-tail create speed from water releasing off of the tail, and the V cut pivots rail to rail with a quick release.
- DECK CONTOURS: Designed to distribute volume/thicknesses around the board to enhance performance. The center of the board has the most volume to give the board more flotation which will increase paddling into the wave and planing. The edges toward the rails are reduced in volume along the pressure points for DK (knee and heel) and Prone (elbow and hips) to allow the board to engage the wave quicker, with more bite making it more responsive.
- TRIDENT STRINGERS (prone and dk flex patterns): The Trident Stringer Sytem features a full length central CFT stringer with two shorter stabilizing stringers running from the tail up to 2/3 to the nose. This increases strength of the board through it's lower mid section at Drop Knee pressure points. The trident stringer set up delivers stiffness to the the back end of the board without effecting nose flex with a single stringer, which is essential for prone riding. (check for stringer placement when drilling the leash plug.)
- TENSION TECH: Laminated core for superior strength and flex. It consists of a sheet of mesh sandwiched in between the two layers of 1.5mm IXLPP (crosslink polypropylene). This allows us to produce a much thinner core without sacrificing strength, resulting in an incredibly strong board with excellent recoil.
- NOSE KICK: 1.75": Directs and maintains the nose of the board above the surface of the wave reducing pearling.
- DOUBLE CONCAVE & PARALLEL CHANNELS: Increased water flow down the bottom of the board and off the fins through the tail creating speed down the line, in the barrel, and out of turns.
- V BOTTOM HULL: The V bottom runs from the center of the board 2/3 of the board from nose to tail and tapers in thickness to the rails. This adds responsiveness in leaning edge to edge giving the board increased maneuverability.
- SHIN LOCKS: Recessed shin grooves at tail to lock you in during critical maneuvers.
- HIGH DENSITY SLICK SKIN: Stiffer more responsive flex pattern for DK.
- 50/50 rails for the least surface area increasing speed.
42" - recommended rider size: 5'5"-5'8", 120lbs-160lbs
43.5”- recommended rider size: 5'7"-6'0", 150lbs-190lbs